OUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Each of us had the amazing opportunity to be teachers for few months. Here are our thoughts about it.
Verónica's Experience
Lesson
Plan:
|
LESSON:1 UNIT: 2BOOK: Good Job
TIME: 40 minutes
TOPIC:
Adjectives
|
TARGET STRUCTURE: how
your classmates look like (structure: simple present)
General Objective: At
the end of the lesson students will be able to identify 10 descriptive
adjectives at least, and to used them to describe people in an effective way.
Specific Objectives:
By engaging in different
communicative tasks, and playing games students will be able to:
ü Identify
Adjectives
ü Use them
different situations
ü Describe
people
ü Use
adjectives in the simple present structure
Materials:
|
Warm-up (activity to review
the previous class) (time 5 minutes)
|
Presentation
(time:15minutes)
|
Language
notes
|
Controlled
Practice (time: 5 minutes)
|
Semi-Controlled Practice
|
Free
activity
|
Wrap-up 5 minutes
|
Homework
5 minutes
|
👬👭👬👭👬👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👭👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬
COMMENTS
The day I
used this lesson plan, the class with 7th grade was almost the most perfect
class because the students were paying attention to what I was explaining, and
they were also participating and working a lot. The students repeat and
memorize the adjectives I thought, and they also used them the way I expected
them to do. I could see how hard they can work when we as teachers trust they
can do what you want by showing trust and motivating them with expressions
like: excellent, fantastic, good job, and very good.
I also
used this lesson plan with six grade because they were also studying adjectives
but when I used it with them, it did not work the way it did with seventh
grade; it was almost a disaster because students did not participate by
themselves in the activities I had prepared; they were bothering each other
with the adjectives they learnt. They were also calling fat some of their
classmates, and the girls did not like. Because I was trying to control the
students for them not to bother their classmates, I could not make all the
activities I had prepared, and my tutor help me to control them. It was very
awful for me because I could not believe how contrasting my experience with the
same lesson plan in different grades was, but that day I also learned how to
deal with misbehaviour in the classroom.
I did do
lots of material to explain most of the topics I thaught, but because most of
them were well decorated, my students asked me if I could give them the
material, and I gave them the material they wanted. The other part of the
material, I throw it away because I could not take it with me to the
university, for I went to teach before going to the university every Friday.
👬👭👬👭👬👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👭👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬
STUDENT WORK
6th grade
"I
also like working with six grade because they are still kind but they were also
willing to learn, participate, work, and play every class. They did not do
homework that much, but work in the classroom. They were very active and sometimes
hyperactive, and that was something I had to deal with. They were little noisy,
but very respectful, and lovely. They loved playing games, and I took advantage
on that because I used games to make them practice the topics I gave them. In
my last class, I had to say good bye, and some of them were almost crying
because they say they had never had a teacher like me; those were the most
beautiful words I listened from them."
7th grade
"I really enjoy
teaching this grade because even when they are kind of noisy, they work hard
and they also obey me when I ask them to do something. They also work hard, and
they were also willing to learn what I teach them; They were so lovely
that I enjoy every time I went to their classroom, and they always say good things
about me like teacher you are so funny; teacher you look beautiful today;
teacher we love you. When I finish teaching them, they were asking me if
I could continue teaching them because they loved the way I teach."
👬👭👬👭👬👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👭👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬
GRADES
I
consider that the teacher was not fair with most of the grades because she
graded me with a "9" with aspects like classroom management, taking
care of all students ad material using in class, and I know that most of the classes
I could control the students; I was always interested in all students needs in
the same way; Also, I always prepare material to work in the classes, so I
think I deserved at least a 10.
Resume
Resume
Fecha de nacimiento: 05 de marzo de
1997
Género: femenino.
Número de DUI:0000000-0 NIT:
Estado civil: soltera
Ciudad: Atiquizaya
Dirección
Teléfono:24440084
Celular: 19590105
Correo electrónico: OOOOO@outlook.com
Formación académica
Centro
Escolar Antonio José de Sucre
Egreso: Año 2011
Educación Primaria, Secundaria y
tercer Ciclo
Instituto
Nacional Cornelio Azenon Sierra
Egreso: Año 2014
Bachillerato General
Universidad
de El Salvador Facultad Multidisciplinaria de Occidente
Año 2014: Licenciatura en Idioma Inglés
Opción Enseñanza( año 3)
CARACTERÍSTICAS
Y HABILIDADES PROFESIONALES
Objetivo profesional: aplicar
mis conocimientos, capacidades y servicios profesionales en el trabajo
eficiente para una institución que me
permita desarrollarme y crecer laboralmente en el ámbito de la educación.
Además, me interesa contribuir con mi juventud y adquisición de habilidades prácticas y conocimientos para la educación eficaz y significativa en
los estudiantes dejando así el mejor
posicionamiento de la institución que me contrate.
Capacidades: facilidad
de expresión verbal y escrita, proactiva, buenas relaciones interpersonales,
facilidad para trabajo en equipo, discreta y comprometida con las metas de la
organización, dinámica, responsable, puntual, honrada, con valore
espirituales y carismática.
Dominio de idiomas: español
100% (lengua materna) e inglés 90 %.
Manejo
informático: dominio de Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Intereses: libros,
pintura, arte, lenguas, música, enseñanza
experiencia laboral
Ø
Ninguna
|
referencias
laborales
Ø
Ninguna
IV.
OTROS DATOS DE INTERÉS
Ø -
excelentes relaciones interpersonales
Ø ·
Disponibilidad laboral para iniciar tareas en el cargo profesional
Ø . CUM honorifico en la universidad
referencias
personales
Tel | Candelaria Arana de
Martinez
Tel. |
Ana Berta Bachez de
Fajardo
Barrio san
Juan , calle principal frente al parque san Juan
Tel.| 4 Verónica Leticia
Chaves de Murgas
Entrada de la Colonia la quinta, casa #13, Atiquizaya
Erika's
Experience
Lesson plan:
SCHOOL: CENTRO ESCOLAR DR. SALVADOR AYALA
TUTOR:
JOSÉ ALFREDO PADILLA
GRADES: 7TH, 8TH AND 9TH
STUDENT TEACHER: ANA ERIKA ARGUETA BURGOS
TARGET STRUCTURES: prepositions of place,
There is/ There are, Is, Are in Questions and Answers.
TARGET CONTENT: Where’s the market? My
Hometown, places
TIME: 10 HOURS
General objective: At the end of this
Unit, SWBAT: identify the different prepositions of place; as well as
testing a partner’s memory by asking a question.
Specific objectives:
Ø Students will be able to ask and answer
questions about locations.
Ø In this lesson students will learn how to
write sentences about their hometowns.
Materials: The materials that
will be used for unit 1 are
- The book (where students will fill in the blanks and work.)
- Pages provided by the teacher (with short sentences for an activity that
will be developed after working in the book.)
- CD player and the CD.
- Whiteboard, markers, and eraser.
- And any other that the teacher considers necessary.
I. WARM-UP: 10 m.
“Where’s the ….?” (10 minutes)
Before working in the book, students will
play a game called “Where’s the…. ?” which will be a preview of the topic that
will be develop afterwards. The students will go to outside of the classroom to
look for some papers
*Warm-ups may vary*
For lesson 2 the warm up is “Let’s sing along” (10 minutes)
The teacher will give the Ss pieces of paper
with numbers on them. When they receive their numbers, they will search for the
other Ss that has the same. Once they are in pairs they will write a short song
that will perform in front of their classmates. The students who do a good job
will be saved from a penalty. The ones that get a penalty will answer some
questions that will be in a box.
For lesson 3 the warm up is “Hot ball” (10m)
The teacher will give a ball to the Ss, they will pass it to each other
until they hear the word “STOP” the Ss that has the ball will count from the
number that he’s assigned until he gets stuck. If he continues on counting he’s
free to stop playing.
II. PRESENTATION ( 60 minutes)
Lesson 1
Work on page 6 and 7 of S’s
book. (Attitude Starter)
Have students practice the
conversation on page 7; show them some charts with the content that’s being
studied, and then have some students to perform it at the front of the
class.
III. LANGUAGE NOTES (60 minutes)
· Make sure that students pronounce “Bye/Hi” correctly /bai/. Make sure
they understand that “Hi/ bye” is informal, and “Hello/goodbye” is formal.
· Start by making students understand the meaning of the word “spell”
before spelling their names.
· Emphasize that four of the possessive pronouns are formed by adding a
possessive –s to the possessive adjective: your—yours, her—hers, our—ours, and their—theirs.
The exceptions are my—mine, his—his.
· Tell the students that if they want to use a name to show possession, it
needs an apostrophe, e.g., 1: Whose are these Shoes? 2: They’re Dan’s.
Emphasize in those names that finish with “S.”
APPENDIX A
LANGUAGE
NOTES:
make sure to remember that
Hi =
Hello
Hi and Bye are less formal than Hello
Bye =
Goodbye
and Goodbye.
|
fill in the blanks with the correct form of greetings.
1. A) _____ Bart.
B) _____ Milhouse.
2.
A) Hello, James
B) Hello, Daniel. How are
you?
A) I’m fine. But I have to
go.
B) Oh! ___________ James.
A) ____________ Daniel.
- Walk around the classroom introducing yourself to
others.
Write in the chart the name of your classmate and the way they greeted you.
Have Ss do exercises 3 and
4 on page 7 of student’s book. (25m)
· Ask the students to look at the examples in the language box. Then they
will look at the man in the picture and circle the option that best describes
the action he’s doing.
III. CONTROLLED PRACTICE 1h.
1. Lesson 2
Writing Activity
Ask students to look at the
pictures and imitate the actions they see in page 8. Then
have them write two sentences using the words showed in the picture; then tell
them to practice the conversation in exercise 1b in pairs. Using their own
names.
A) Hello, I’m Erika. What’s your name?
B) I’m Brendon.
A) Nice to meet you, Brendon.
After doing the written activity, SS will be asked to spell their first
names. We will perform a game with a dice in which SS will try to guess the
number in the dice after throwing it away. Whomever guesses the number will be
saved and won’t spell his classmate’s names.
APPENDIX B
DIRECTIONS:
- Ask students to practice the alphabet by spelling their names. Give the
right time to develop the activity written and orally. You may bring charts to
develop the activity, too. Help students when necessary. (40m.)
E.g:
A) Hello, my name is E-r-i-k-a. What’s
your name?
B) My name is. T-e-r-e-s-a.
Now your turn.
· What’s your name? __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __.
- Solve this puzzle by finding the names of the objects on the left. Once
you’ve find them, spell them out loud to the teacher (25m)
2. What’s your favourite…….? (Listening and Speaking) (25m)
After working on page 9, Ss will be asked this question “What’s your
favourite….?” And the teacher will provide charts with the answers for the Ss
to say it out loud. After reading the chart they will spell the word.
E.g.: what’s your favourite sport? *Shows a chart with a boy
playing soccer*
-My
favourite sport is soccer. S- o- c- c- e- r.
3. Lesson 3
Start the lesson by
listening to the numbers on page 10. Make Ss work on activity b and c on the
same page. (25m)
3.1 conversation (reading
conversation) (30m)
A) Work on the second activity on the same page. Read the conversations
and answer the questions in the spaces. 15m
B) In order for Ss to understand better the possessive pronouns, they
will listen and read page 11 exercise 3a. 15m.
Listen and read. Then
complete the conversation in exercise 3a.
“My, your, his, her”
Question
|
Answer
|
What’s your name?
|
My name
is Ana.
|
What’s his name?
|
His name
is William.
|
What’s her name?
|
Her name
is Kimberly.
|
3.2 speaking (30m)
Have Ss do page 11-
exercise 4a in pairs. Ask students to look at the expressions in the Useful
Languages boxes by making sure they understand the meanings of the expressions.
APPENDIX
C
Language notes
- Say “oh” = 0(zero) when giving a
phone number, or in groups of digits.
- @ = at
- . = dot
- Fist name: Bianca
- Last name: Del Río
- I don’t know
- Excuse me
- Thanks
|
-
-
-
-
-
- Work in pairs and fill in the following chart with information that will
be provided by your partner. (20m)
Student A
|
Student
B
|
- What’s your first name and last name?
Ss B
answer____________________________
- What’s your Phone number?
Ss B
answer____________________________
- What’s your e-mail address?
Ss B
answer____________________________
- Can you spell the e-mail please?
Ss B
answer____________________________
|
- What’s your first name and last name?
Ss A
answer____________________________
- What’s your Phone number?
Ss A
answer____________________________
- What’s your e-mail address?
Ss A
answer____________________________
- Can you spell the e-mail please?
Ss A
answer____________________________
|
IV. SEMI-CONTROLLED PRACTICE (30m)
1. Whose ________ is this?
- The teacher will ask for 2 volunteers.
- She will tell the volunteers to take a close look at his/her classmates
and their belongings. They have to remember the things they’ve seen.
- The teacher will tell the volunteers to leave the room.
- While the volunteers are out, the teacher will tell the rest of the
participants to exchange belongings, and to put them on their desks.
- Ask the volunteers to come back in. Tell the volunteer to take a look at
their classmates and what they have on their desks. If he thinks that someone
has something on their desk that doesn’t belong to them. He has to say, “This
is not yours” (e.g. the book). Whose book is this? The participant being asked
has to answer according to the situation; e.g. this is my book;
or this is not mine. This is _________’s book.
- Then the volunteers go on doing the same with other objects in the
classroom.
2. Language for fun (page 13) (70m)
2.1Hangman: 35m
This is an effective way of revising new vocabulary, and pronunciation
of the letters of the alphabet in English.
Words for the hangman:
-
last name
-
phone number
-
alphabet
-
mine
2.2 Memory Game: 35m
Write the names of 6 Ss in little papers, then place the papers in a
desk upside down. Ss will be asked to guess the name by taking two cards. If
the two cards have the same name, he/she wins. If the two cards don’t have the
same name, another student takes that opportunity to choose his two cards.
SUMMARY (APPENDIX D)
a) Complete the
conversation with the words in the box. (15m)
you I’m Nice
name meet
What’s Hello
|
A) 1_________, I’m Anne Spencer. 2_________ your 3_______?
B) 4_________ Matthew Gibbs.
A) 5__________ to 6 ________ you, Matthew.
B) Nice to meet 7 _______ too.
b) Match the questions and
answers (15m)
1. What’s your name?
a) S-A-N-T-O-S
2. How do you spell your
last name? b) My phone number is
762-4093
3. What’s your e-mail address?
c) I’m David. David Santos.
4. What’s your phone
number?
d) dsantos@btg.com
c) Choose the correct word
(15m)
1. A) What/what’s your name? B) I’m Joseph
2. A) what’s his/her name?
B)
She’s Judith
3. A) what’s his/her name?
B) He’s Rick
4. Her name is Luisa/Louis
5. What’s your
name?
B) My/your name is Robert
DICTATION (APPENDIX E)
(30m)
Listen to the teacher read
a story from a boy named Ben. After the teacher reads it for the first
time you will have to copy what you listen. The third time the teacher reads,
make sure to check what you wrote.
- My name is Benjamin and my last name is Scott, but my friends call me Ben.
- I am 11 years old, and I go to school with my friend Samantha; her
last name is Styles.
- We see each other every day.
- Her mom is a teacher and her father is a doctor.
- One day, Samantha’s mom asked my phone number.
- I said “ My phone number is 555-6218”
- My mom got angry at me for doing that.
- Now I only visit my friend Samantha three times a week.
V. WRAP-UP (20 minutes)
Students will write a Journal with the topic “My best friend.” They will
use the structures studied in the lessons, and then give the journal back to
the teacher. (10 to 15-line paragraph)
VI. HOMEWORK
Homework will be explained by teacher Padilla.
VII. BIBLIOGRAPHICAL REFERENCES
- Attitude Starter book
- http://www.printabletreats.com/telling-time-memory-game-
- http://pbskids.org/superwhy/#/game/spellingbee
👬👭👬👭👬👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👭👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬
COMMENTS
I really enjoyed my experience teaching 7th
,8th and 9th grade this year. Once l started the major l never imagined that l
would be teaching other people this year. But God knows what he does. I had
some difficulties with the kids from school because most of them did not know
anything in English. Some kids knew how to greet and hold a conversation, but
some others had no clue whatsoever. In 7th Grade, l found the most loving
children l could have ever met.
One of them told me that he was going to be 18 in a few weeks, and the reason of his staying in the same grade was because his family took him out of school in order for him to work. He almost cried while telling me because he had never told that to anyone before. The kids from the other /th grade were kind of hard to work with. One of them used to call his friends names that were so rude. I talked to him - Jonathan- and told him that he should not do that to his friends because that made them feel bad. He asked me why l was saying that to him, and l told him that l had been through the same when l was in the same grade he was. He had no idea l had studied there, and it felt good to tell him that also.
Arrangement : My classrooms were aranged in order for the kids to see themselves. Although, some of them were turning their backs on the board, their knowledge was not affected.
Student Work :Some kids l would love to talk about as my examples are Fatima Leiva from 8th "D" and Samanta Mena from 9th "B" these girls were so amazing to me and the teacher. They were so interested in the classes, and would always participate whenever l asked for a volunteer. They really make me want to be a better teacher, so in the future l can say "Thanks to my Teaching practicum I'm standing wher I am nowadays".
My classrooms
Letters from my
Students
👬👭👬👭👬👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👭👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬
GRADES & OBSERVATION
I'm happy with my grades because the teacher saw in my many talents l
had hidden. He told me to keep on working hard for the things I want in life
because he knows for sure that I'm going to get them.
The observations I got from Mr. Padilla were plenty, but this one was
from the very first day: " Communication is important with the
student in and out of the classroom". From that moment I became another
student during the breaks and a teacher during classes.
Resume
Resume
Fecha de nacimiento: 9 de junio de 1994
Género: femenino.
Número de DUI:0000000-0 NIT: -------
Estado civil: soltera
Ciudad: Santa Ana, Santa
Ana
Dirección------
Teléfono:---------
Celular: -----
Correo electrónico: OOOOO@outlook.com
Formación académica
Centro
Escolar Dr. Salvador ayala
Egreso: Año 2009
Educación Primaria, Secundaria y
tercer Ciclo
Colegio
Bautista de Santa Ana
Egreso: Año 2011
Bachillerato General
Universidad
de El Salvador Facultad Multidisciplinaria de Occidente
Año 2016: Licenciatura en Idioma Inglés
Opción Enseñanza( actualmente en curso)
CARACTERÍSTICAS
Y HABILIDADES PROFESIONALES
Dominio de idiomas: Español
(lengua materna), Inglés (segundo idioma), Francés (tercer Idioma)
Manejo
informático: dominio de Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook). Diploma de Grado Digital, Capacitación de
Microsoft Mayo del 2010.
Intereses: Lectura,
arte, Filantropía, Enseñanza, etc.
experiencia laboral
Ø
Liceo Latinoamericano Programa
de Extensión de Idioma Inglés- Academia Sabatina.
Febrero del 2016.
OTROS DATOS DE INTERÉS
|
Ø - Excelentes relaciones interpersonales gracias
a mi padre.
Ø · Facilidad de habla para cualquier tipo de
reuniones, conferencias, etc.
Ø - Buen
promedio en la Universidad
Ø - Materias
del ciclo aprobadas con más de 7
Referencias
personales
Tel | Karen de Figueroa –
Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos - Directora
Tel. |
Carlos Gómez – Gerente de
Sombreros Gomez
Vanesa's Experience
Lesson plan
SUBJECT: English
LEVEL: 9th grade
TEACHER: Vanessa Michelle Sibrian Galán
LEVEL: 9th grade
TEACHER: Vanessa Michelle Sibrian Galán
UNIT:
CONTENT: Going to
TARGET STRUCTURE: to be + going to + infinitive
CONTENT: Going to
TARGET STRUCTURE: to be + going to + infinitive
GENERAL
OBJECTIVE:
- To teach students how to use “going to” in order to make plans and predictions.
- To teach students how to use “going to” in order to make plans and predictions.
SPECIFIC
OBJECTIVES:
- To make students make conversations using “going to form”
- To show students how we can predict an event using “going to”
- To make students make conversations using “going to form”
- To show students how we can predict an event using “going to”
TIME:
45 minutes
MATERIAL:
- Whiteboard
- Markers
- Worksheet
- Charts
- Pencil
- Cellphone
- Horns
- Whiteboard
- Markers
- Worksheet
- Charts
- Pencil
- Cellphone
- Horns
WARM-UP (5 minutes)
Can´t
say yes or no
In this game, I am going to give students squares of paper, and they have to write down a question. After writing the question, I am going to choose a student who is going to read his question and the name of the student who is going to answer the question. Then, I am going to choose another student who is going to read his question and the name of a student and so on; the rule is that nobody can say yes or no; students have to use another word to answer the question. If a student says yes, he or she is going to tell me a sentence using “going to”.
In this game, I am going to give students squares of paper, and they have to write down a question. After writing the question, I am going to choose a student who is going to read his question and the name of the student who is going to answer the question. Then, I am going to choose another student who is going to read his question and the name of a student and so on; the rule is that nobody can say yes or no; students have to use another word to answer the question. If a student says yes, he or she is going to tell me a sentence using “going to”.
PRESENTATION (10 minutes)
I am going to introduce the topic which is
“going to” and I am going to show students some examples about this topic.
Also, I will explain to students why we use “going to”. We use “going to” to
predict an event that can occur in near future; an example of this is: It is
going to rain tonight because it is cloudy. Also, we use “going to” for
planning an event, example: I am going to buy a new car tomorrow.
GRAMMAR NOTES (15 minutes)
Affirmative Structure: Subject + am/is/are +
going to + verb + complement +.
Examples:
I am going to read a book tomorrow.
She is going to visit her sister on Sunday.
They are going to have an exam today.
She is going to visit her sister on Sunday.
They are going to have an exam today.
The contraction form is:
I´m going to read a book tomorrow.
I´m going to read a book tomorrow.
Negative Structure: Subject + am/is/are + not +
going to + verb + complement +.
Examples:
You are not going to watch TV today.
I am not going to play soccer on Tuesday.
We are not going to have classes at 5:00 pm
I am not going to play soccer on Tuesday.
We are not going to have classes at 5:00 pm
Question Structure:
Yes/No Question: Am/is/are + Subject + going to + verb +
complement +?
Examples:
Are you going to do your homework?
Is he going to buy a hamburger for lunch?
Is he going to buy a hamburger for lunch?
WH Question: WH-word + verb to be + Subject +
going to + complement +?
Examples:
What are you going to do on Saturday?
What class is he going to have tomorrow at 2:00 pm?
When am I going to visit my grandmother?
What class is he going to have tomorrow at 2:00 pm?
When am I going to visit my grandmother?
PRACTICE ACTIVITY (10 minutes)
Students have to fill up the following
worksheet and after we are going to revise what they wrote on the worksheet.
WRAP-UP (5 minutes)
I am going to ask students why we use going to
and they have to tell me some examples using going to in affirmative, negative
and question form.
HOMEWORK (5 minutes)
Students have to
write five affirmative sentences, five negative sentences and five yes no
question sentences using going to in a separate sheet of paper.
👬👭👬👭👬👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👭👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬👭👬
1. Achieved knowledge
Well, during this course, I could learn many things; one of these was how to manage the classroom. I could understand that as teachers, we must have some methods in order to maintain the class interesting. Also, another aspect that I could learn was that we, as teachers, must be active; sometimes, our students can be bored, so we have to be capable in order to make the class enjoyable and dynamic. We can develop some activities that can create a better environment.
Well, during this course, I could learn many things; one of these was how to manage the classroom. I could understand that as teachers, we must have some methods in order to maintain the class interesting. Also, another aspect that I could learn was that we, as teachers, must be active; sometimes, our students can be bored, so we have to be capable in order to make the class enjoyable and dynamic. We can develop some activities that can create a better environment.
o To be a teacher means to be a motivation for our students, so we have to do our best. I think of myself being a teacher, and I think that is the best experience that I can have. This time, I had the opportunity to teach English to 9th grade, and it was such as nice experience because I could interact with my students, and I am pretty sure that they enjoyed every class I taught. I could learn from them, and they could learn a little bit from me. I always tried to make every the class interesting because a teacher has the ability to be dynamic and efficient. I think that to be a teacher is more than to teach a simple class; it goes far away; as I said before, that means to try to be better every single class; a teacher can be a friend and a confident for students. I consider that working hard; we can be an ideal teacher for our pupils.
2. Classroom setting
Once, I asked my students to order the desks in a semicircle because I was going to develop an activity that required some space, so my students ordered them. That helped me to move around the classroom easily, and the students could listen to me much better.
Once, I asked my students to order the desks in a semicircle because I was going to develop an activity that required some space, so my students ordered them. That helped me to move around the classroom easily, and the students could listen to me much better.
I had the opportunity to work with teenagers; at the very beginning, I
thought it was going to be difficult to deal with them, but I got surprised
because it was totally different. My students were active, and they
participated in every activity I developed. They were paying attention in the
explanation of every topic, and I think it was the part I like the most. In my
last class, it was such a sad moment because it was time to say goodbye; the
students did not want me to leave because they told me they enjoyed every class
with me, so they wanted me to continue teaching English to them. In that
moment, I could understand that I was not only a teacher, but a motivation for
them.
4.
Resume
Personal Information
Name: Vanessa Michelle Sibrian Galán
Nationality: Salvadorian
Age: 19 years
Marital Status: Single
Education
Primary Education: “General Salvador Castaneda Castro” School
(2002 – 2008)
Secondary Education: “General Salvador Castaneda Castro” School
(2009 – 2011)
High School: “Jorge Eliseo Azucena Ortega”
(2012 - 2013)
University: University of El Salvador
(2014 - currently)
Experience
“General Salvador Castaneda Castro” School
Teaching Practices with kindergarten for 3 months (2015)
Teaching Practices with 9th grade for 2 months (2016)
Elsa's Experience
Lesson Plan
|
LESSON: 4 UNIT: 3 BOOK: UNIVERSAL ENGLISH BOOK TIME: 1 hour
TOPIC:
FAMILY
|
Target content
TARGET
STRUCTURE
How
many members do you family have?
General
Objective: At the end of this Unit,
SWBAT: recognize the names of each family member.
Specific
Objectives:
By engaging in different
communicative tasks, SWBAT
Ø Students will use
vocabulary related to family.
Ø
Students will examine their family history in order to
create a family tree.
Ø
They will have the opportunity to share about their families
with the class
Materials:
|
Warm-up (activity to review the previous class) (10 minutes)
} |
Presentation (15 minutes)
|
Free practice (5 minutes)
|
|
Wrap-up(10 minutes)
Homework (3 minutes)
|
Achieved knowledge
Every semester has been
different, and this one was not the exception. Everytime I teach, I learn new
things, and it helps me to deal with certain problems that as teachers
sometimes may face.
As a beginner teacher I
can say that every day class was not easy, sometimes I was nervous and some
others, students asked me questions and I got stuck, but it doesn’t say that I
am a bad teacher; I know that through practice is when I will learn and improve
the areas in which I considered are not that easy for me.
Teaching seventh grade
long distance students was a new and gratificant experience for me, and I could
notice that environment and behavior were completely different. They only
attend clases on saturdays, but it doesn’t mean they cannot learn; otherwise,
they were anscious and willing to learn.
Also, because they work
during the week, I had to find ways to assign homeworks that were more
available for them. I had to change the way of treating them, and let them know
about respect between student-teacher.
At the beggining, I was
scared because they were more students and they tended to be more talkative,
but I could notice that it was nice, for they were participating on each class,
and respected me as well. I had to change many things I was supposed to do; it
changed my plan, but it was when I knew the importance of having a plan b or c.
I will keep in my mind
this experience not only because I could learn, but also because I know they
learned from me. All I did with them is something that really worths.
CLASSROOM SETTING
The classroom was arranged
with desks located in rows when I got there, but I wanted to have a space in
which I could make more dynamic the class, so I asked for permission to change
and place the desks in a semicircle. Every Saturday at the first hour, it was
the way the desks were ordered, as soon as I entered the classroom students
were moving the desks and ordering them as I have asked. I wanted to have it in
that way because students felt more comfortable and willing to participate, and
also because I could make activities and the space was adequate to do them.
SELF REFLEXION
I can say that I grow
up as a person and also I realized that I am in the process to become a
teacher; that it is not something easy, but if I love what I do, it will turn
different. I am conscious that I will commit mistakes, but it is part of the
process. I just have to continue learning and be willing to give significant
knowledge to my students because they deserve that. I, as a teacher need to be able to
give them all that it is in my hands for them to have a good education.
Resume




















No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario